[Qgis-developer] Virtual Fields - Allow adding fields out of edit mode

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Oct 14 00:15:12 PDT 2014

Hi Bernhard,

On 14.10.2014 07:36, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> thank you for your work!

Thank you for the review
> However I have some small issues and a bug [1]
> - I do not see any notification when not in edit mode but my action
> requires edit mode (edit mode is turned on, though, when clicking OK)

That was just fixed
> - shouldn't "create virtual field" be the default when layer is not in
> edit mode?

I think it's more predictable (and therefore increases usability) for
users if it's either always on or always off by default. Don't you think?

> - could the check box "create virtual field" be placed to the right of
> "create a new field"?

"Create a new field" is a group box.
Would you create another group box with all field type widgets? I doubt
it's easy to place it in the group box header as well. But I could
easily take it to the top, just below the header.

Best regards
Matthias