[Qgis-developer] Print composers: should locked elements be selectable?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 15 07:00:22 PDT 2014

Hi, Hi Nyall,

This concerns a change in the print composer. There seems to be a change
in behaviour between QGIS 2.4 and 2.6 regarding selectability of locked
elements.

In QGIS 2.4 locked elements where still selectable in the canvas, in 2.6
they are not, but one can still select them in the element list.

To me, the locking mechanism mainly prevents unwanted movement of
elements and I personally would prefer that locked elements are still
selectable in the canvas. It would be different if we had the concept of
layers. Elements in locked layers should not be selectable, I think -
but since we do not have layers yet, I am not sure ...

What are the opinions?

Andreas