[Qgis-developer] Memory Layers - some proposals

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:32:21 PDT 2014

I agree.
It seem me a silly question.

If an user choose a memory layer it know that is a memory layer
:)
So it is not a permanent dataset.

I like the memory layer because they as really useful for temporary
elaborations and quickly tests.

lso another question is.
If an user choose the memory layer it crunch the ram resources.
And after it begin to ask for more resources because its million
records daataset is not well used with the memory layer.

However if like to put a memory layer persistent.

Why dont return to old question.
Change the project save from XML to a spatialite ?
Storing the project in a spatialite will allow easily to host also in
the spatialte the datasets if this is the like of the qgis community.
Also the spatialite start to support also the raster with rasterlite extension.
So tomorrow you should do also a memory raster layer.

Regards,

Andrea.