[Qgis-developer] Thoughts about multi-type tables in QGIS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Apr 2 05:59:12 PDT 2015

I agree with Nathan, for algorithms, symbology and a lot of small things
it will become very complicated.

As an alternative approach, we could think about having some layer
settings defined on group level (and maybe even a merged attribute table
for the whole group). That would already make a lot of things easier to
configure for multiple layers at once. We could even mark such a group
as a "union layer group" or similar, so for algorithms that support this
kind of thing it would be possible to offer such a "union layer group"
as choice while all other things just continue to work.

Matthias