[Qgis-developer] Live layer effects bug?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Apr 10 01:57:58 PDT 2015

Hi,
That new addition may be worth opening a unique topic, I'm unsure where to
post (dev or user's list).

I'm testing live layer effects and end up with some weird behaviour. I'm not
sure if this is a bug or if I didn't get the behaviour correctly.

I try to reproduce Nyall's blog example of a point symbol with a drop shadow
with a "mirror effect".
When applying a transform effect with only a rotation, the rotated symbol is
thrown away from the original symbol. The more I rotated, the farther it
goes, in the direction I set.

Any idea? Maybe sharing some qml examples or video tutorial could help
advanced users.

Another point, in today's nightly, there is another checkbox "apply effects"
outside of the layer effects frame. I didn't get any effect from that. Is
that a bug?

Cheers
Régis