[Qgis-developer] python and OSGEO4W

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:28:28 PST 2015

Hi devs,
I have some doubts related to plugin installation.
We are writing a plugin that requires some additional python package
(which can be installed trough pip). On Linux machine there aren't
difficulties, but on Windows machine all the process could be not so easy.

The main difficulty seems related in machines that have already a python
installed. In this cases it could be necessary to specify the python
path in the environmental variables of the machine.

So I have some questions:
* if QGIS is installed with OSGEO4W and not with the standalone package,
these problems are still present or OSGEO4W creates a kind of standalone
QGIS-python system?
* I'm quite sure there are not chances to auto-install python package
(via pip) once the plugin is downloaded in the main menu?

Thanks

Matteo