[Qgis-developer] QGIS (not) using overviews of GDAL Raster plugin

David Weiß David.Weiss at ptvgroup.com
Wed Feb 4 04:04:15 PST 2015

Hi,

we are currently trying to write a raster data plugin using the GDALibrary to display rendered image data from our mapping application inside QGIS.
We successfully loaded our data as a rasterlayer in QGIS, but could not find a way to display overviews, i.e. lower resolution/downscaled images yet.

GDAL provides an (terribly documented) overview API that we thought to have implemented correctly by now, but we have not found out yet how and when QGIS makes use of this functionality.
Has anyone experience with GDAL Raster drivers and QGIS and may point us in the right direction?

Thank you!
--
David Weiß

PTV GROUP
Logistics Software Development

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 15, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

david.weiss at ptvgroup.com<mailto:david.weiss at ptvgroup.com>
www.ptvgroup.com<http://www.ptvgroup.com/>

http://ptv.to/facebook

PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG
Headquarters: Karlsruhe
Executive Board: Vincent Kobesen (CEO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. h.c. Frank-Jürgen Weise
Commercial Register (HRB-Nr): 109262
Local Court: Mannheim