[Qgis-developer] Exact print composing

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jan 27 06:28:29 PST 2015

On 2015/01/27 16:16, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi Zoltan,
>
> Every object in the print composer can be positioned/scaled with exact
> numbers - have a look at the "Position and Size" group of every items
> properties. This has been around since ages (at least since version 1.7).
>
> Alternatively/in addition you can also use snappable grids and
> guidelines.
>
> Hope this helps?
Exactly what I want - This is only the second time I'm needing to use
the composer, and the first time I only needed a dump print, so didn't
bother to fiddle with the options.
This time, when I added the map to the composer and saw it was wonky, I
deleted it and started looking for plugins before noticing the "Item
Properties" tab.

Big thanks,
Zoltan

> Andreas
>
> On 27.01.2015 15:10, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there a way to set exact print composer sizes and map positions?
>>
>> I have set a composer canvas size of 460mm by 275mm, and an area of
>> interest (made up of one cropped raster and 12 cropped vector maps)
>> that is exactly that size, at 1:500 scale.
>> Adding this to print composer canvas using a mouse is not exactly
>> accurate. I've searched plugins, but noticed nothing useful.
>>
>> Does print composer by any chance create a text file that I can hack
>> to achieve this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za