[Qgis-developer] How to change default IconSize and other default values in Android version of QGIS 2.0.1 (in apk file)?

Baltix Linux baltix at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:46:52 PDT 2015

Hi QGIS developers,

Lithuanian regional parks are trying to use QGIS on tablet computers for
about one year.
The start  was pretty successful, but some problems appears because of QGIS
bugs on Android (like http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11164 http://hub.qgis
.org/issues/11813 ) and now one company with proprietary solution wants to
eliminate open source QGIS from Lithuanian environmental sector because of
these small problems.
I'm trying to solve these problems and want to know the fastest solution.

We can't use the latest QGIS 2.6 for Android because of QGIS bugs
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11164 http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11813 , so we
are using QGIS 2.0.1 pretty successfully, but we must change default
IconSize and other default values in Android version of QGIS 2.0.1 - in apk
file, because QGIS2.conf can't be edited from other programs in Android
because of Android security policy (you can edit QGIS2.conf only with
'rooted' Android tablets).
I wanna repack qgis 2.0.1 apt file to add customized QGIS2.conf, but there
are no QGIS2.conf in qgis-nightly-20140416-armeabi-v7a.apk file, it seems
that QGIS2.conf file is created when QGIS application is started on Android
tablet.

I'm providing one value of QGIS2.conf file which we should change in apk
file:

[General]
IconSize=60

Please tell me how to change this and other default values in Android
version of QGIS 2.0.1 (in apk file).

Btw, QGIS for Android isn't updated for about 6 months, since 2.6 release
(Nov 20 2014), see https://github.com/qgis/qgis-android/tree/qt5 and
http://qgis.org/downloads/android/ (debug versions dated Feb 2015, but
really this is simply an old 2014 code)
Do you have some plans to "revive" QGIS for Android?
It would be nice to see at least development version of QGIS 2.8 for
Android.

--
Prekyba kompiuteriais su Linux OS - http://tinklas.eu/prekyba
Naudokite laisvą Linux operacinę sistemą savo kompiuteryje -