[Qgis-developer] Closing tickets not fixed in LTR

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue May 12 11:33:35 PDT 2015

Hi all,
usually we close tickets fixed in master, even when still present in the
stable version. While this seems a safe approach for normal releases,
I'm not so sure this applies well to LTR: leaving a ticket open, while
explaining that it has been fixed in master, will warn LTR users, will
help decide when moving to next non LTR version, and will prevent people
from opening the same issue again and again (quite likely over the
longer time span of the LTR release)
See hub.qgis.org/issues/3792 for an example.
Opinions welcome.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu