[Qgis-developer] Compile QGIS master with support for GRASS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:15:50 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> I am compiling qgis from master (git). Both GRASS and GRASS7 are set to
> ON and the the corresponding GRASS_PREFIX, GRASS7_PREFIX are set to
>
> /osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu and
> /osgeo/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
>
> I launch QGIS without installing it, ie from inside the bin directory.
> It runs fine.  However, I can't see anywhere in QGIS' interface any
> reference to GRASS. Plus, many of the icons do not appear at all (ie
> icons of the advanced digitizing bar).

You need to add path to GRASS libs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before you run
QGIS, for example

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
qgis

obviously you can create an alias for QGIS + GRASS 6 and QGIS + GRASS 7 like:

alias qgis-grass6='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/your/path/to/qgis'
alias qgis-grass7='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/your/path/to/qgis'

Setting the path to GRASS 6 or 7 libs you select which version of the
provider/plugin will be loaded. Similarly there are two batch files in
OSGEO4W for QGIS + GRASS 6 and 7.

I'll send more detailed info about plugin upgrade progress after QGIS
2.9 freeze (tomorrow noon).

Radim