[Qgis-developer] Compile QGIS master with support for GRASS

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon May 25 03:24:10 PDT 2015

Nikos Alexandris:

> > I am compiling qgis from master (git). Both GRASS and GRASS7 are set to
> > ON and the the corresponding GRASS_PREFIX, GRASS7_PREFIX are set to
> >
> > /osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu and
> > /osgeo/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> >
> > I launch QGIS without installing it, ie from inside the bin directory.
> > It runs fine.  However, I can't see anywhere in QGIS' interface any
> > reference to GRASS. Plus, many of the icons do not appear at all (ie
> > icons of the advanced digitizing bar).

Radim Blazek:

> You need to add path to GRASS libs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before you run
> QGIS, for example
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> qgis

What about setting this in  /etc/ld.so.conf.d/grass.conf  and running
ldconfig (as root)?  I have wrongly set there  /osgeo/grass64/lib
instead of  /osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib.

I can see the plugin for 64 now. However, trying to open a (new) Mapset,
returns  "The config file /osgeo/QGIS/grass/config/default.qgc) not
found.".  And the GRASS toolbar icons (as well as for other toolbars)
are (partially or completely) invisible.

> obviously you can create an alias for QGIS + GRASS 6 and QGIS + GRASS 7 like:
>
> alias qgis-grass6='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /your/path/to/qgis'
> alias qgis-grass7='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /your/path/to/qgis'

> Setting the path to GRASS 6 or 7 libs you select which version of the
> provider/plugin will be loaded. Similarly there are two batch files in
> OSGEO4W for QGIS + GRASS 6 and 7.

So, it is wrong to provide both paths for 64 and 70 at the same
time in /etc/ld.so.conf[.d/somefile.conf].

> I'll send more detailed info about plugin upgrade progress after QGIS
> 2.9 freeze (tomorrow noon).

Thank you, Nikos