[Qgis-developer] Compile QGIS master with support for GRASS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon May 25 04:02:39 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> qgis
>
> What about setting this in  /etc/ld.so.conf.d/grass.conf  and running
> ldconfig (as root)?  I have wrongly set there  /osgeo/grass64/lib
> instead of  /osgeo/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib.

That would disable the possibility to run with 6 or 7.

> I can see the plugin for 64 now. However, trying to open a (new) Mapset,
> returns  "The config file /osgeo/QGIS/grass/config/default.qgc) not
> found.".  And the GRASS toolbar icons (as well as for other toolbars)
> are (partially or completely) invisible.

QGIS is installed in /osgeo/QGIS/ and
/osgeo/QGIS/grass/config/default.qgc exists?
The path is constructed as QgsApplication::pkgDataPath() +
"/grass/config/default.qgc".
For now, I think that you have to install QGIS to get it working (or
do some dirty trick like symlinks from /osgeo/QGIS/grass/).

>> Setting the path to GRASS 6 or 7 libs you select which version of the
>> provider/plugin will be loaded. Similarly there are two batch files in
>> OSGEO4W for QGIS + GRASS 6 and 7.
>
> So, it is wrong to provide both paths for 64 and 70 at the same
> time in /etc/ld.so.conf[.d/somefile.conf].

Exactly.

Radim