[Qgis-developer] Data Download Framework [was [Qgis-user] SRTM-plug-in?]

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:03:49 PST 2015

One option is to have metadata records which clearly articulate direct
/ actionable download links and make these metadata available via CSW.

Then, using MetaSearch, one can query a given CSW, get the metadata
back, display the links and download the data.

There's an existing ticket open in MetaSearch discussing this functionality [1].

I would recommend this as a standards-based option.  Assuming data
links are documented properly in metadata available via CSW, the rest
just works.  MetaSearch would need to be extended to action a download
link to download to disk, load, and son on.

..Tom

[1] https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11733