[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:18:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>>> * G6 vectors are shown with a red cross,
>>
>> And the name is followed by "topology version 6", right?
>
> exactly
>
>> What do you suggest? My idea was "Build topology" item in context
>> menu. But we are over feature freeze and if somebody has already G6
>> vectors, he should know that he must rebuild topology in G7. It is
>> described here:
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7
>
> I think the context menu is fine, and adding it should not be an issue
> now (I could say not being able to readily use my data is a bug, and
> your suggestion fixes it).

OK, but first I have to fix other bugs.

> the procedure described in the wiki works smoothly from the embedded
> GRASS shell, but I guess this is intimidating for many users.

There is v.build.all in modules.

>> Draw features? There should be usual Add Point, Add Line etc. tools in
>> Digitizing Toolbar.
>
> yes - I tried, but the newly added polygon etc is not displayed once
> digitized. Oh, now I see: the custom grass symbology prevents me from
> seeing it. Once moved to single symbol, it is displayed.

> I confirm an issue: I load a layer, activate editing, the layer is no
> longer visible. When editing is deactivated, the layer remains invisible.

There was a bug which I introduced on Friday, it was fixed in b09877b.
The style must be set (automatically) to GRASS Edit to get topological
symbology.

>> Very welcome. There are still issues in editing, that is why I have
>> not announced yet the upgrade to be finished. The implementation of
>> editing became incredibly complex. Basic editing should mostly work
>> however.
>
> I can imagine. Where do I find a guide on how to digitize?

Documentation is not yet upgraded, but you can write it....

> I tried adding polygon, then centroid, but I only ended up with an invisible
> geom. I'm certainly missing something here.

It is correct, it should work with current master.

Radim