[Qgis-developer] Release schedule discussion - again

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 04:34:28 PDT 2015

Hey all,

I think I would just like to add to this that no matter what we do there is
always going to be someone/some company that doesn't like the process.  No
release process is perfect and is part of the game of software development.
We can adjust if required but I suspect it will be raised again in the
future.

Features, etc are also not 100% guaranteed to get into a release just
because a PR is open before the release.  Somethings are simply not ready
to be included or need more reviews.  Switching to a 6 month or 12 month
cycle doesn't change this fact as something can still be held past the
release date.

IMO the most important thing is consistency in what we do so it's
predictable for people be that 4,6, 12 month cycle.

Regards,
Nathan