[Qgis-developer] QEP - Proposal for QGIS 3.0 after 2.14

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Oct 24 01:55:37 PDT 2015

Il 24/10/2015 01:24, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> My concern with this approach would be that we'd need to make sure
> it's known that major changes aren't acceptable for 2.14. If 2.14 was

I think this is problematic, as it would mean no new stuff for about one
year, something unacceptable for many of our customers.
rememebr that from our poll the need for additional functions emerged
quite clearly, and (at least to me) unexpectedly.

> Also in the ideal world we'd have the Qt5/python 3 test builds
> available asap so that people can start testing/porting plugins. But
> understandably this isn't an easy task.

BTW, it would be good if it would be possible to install qgis3-dev along
with qgis, also on Linux, with a proper non conflicting package, so more
people could keep on testing not disrupting production environment.
This will involve also creating a .qgis3 conf, I suppose.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu