[Qgis-developer] Minidump when using GDAL in plugin

jawensi jawensi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:57:54 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have problems with  DEMto3D
<https://github.com/jawensi/DEMto3D/tree/master/DEMto3D-QGIS>   plugin.
Using this plugin in QGIS 2.10.1, QGIS crash on exit. Instead I test it in
QGIS 2.8.1 and works fine without minidump message on exit.
I've tracked the problematic code and I find out that it's the use of the
GDAL
function ReadAsArray, for reading the content of a raster band.

/dem_dataset = gdal.Open(path_layer[0])
band = dem_dataset.GetRasterBand(1)
data = band.ReadAsArray(x_off, y_off, col_size, row_size)  /

The plugin works, but the problem is the crash dump on exit.

Any idea if the problem is in the plugin or in QGIS.?

Thank you