[Qgis-developer] Windows builds of the master branch

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:58:13 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen,

On 08/10/2016 09:51 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, 10. Aug 2016 at 08:26:52 +0200, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
>> A question probably for Jürgen.
>
>> In the OSGeo4W distribution - is there a way to get access to nightlies
>> from the "master" branch? I know that these builds could break regularly
>> - nevertheless I think it would be useful to have.
> No.  master will eventually become Qt5/Python 3 only.  So packaging master
> would only work until that switch is done - and after that Qt5/Py3 is required
> that is not yet in OSGeo4W.

Is there any plan regarding this?

Are you in charge of packaging Qt5/Py3 in osgeo?
Do you have an idea about the time frame?

I am wondering how we should deal with plugin compatibility.
In other words, if we wait a bit of time before making packages with
Qt5/Py3 available, shall we have a description for plugins to tell with
wich Python version they're compatible?

Thanks,
Denis