[Qgis-developer] Issue with QGIS server on CentOS - self compiled

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 10 09:17:27 PDT 2016

Hi,

I self-compiled QGIS Server (on CentOS 7) and it works fine for
GetCapabilities and GetProjectSettings commands, but fails for GetMap.

In the Apache log I get an error:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.13
libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.56
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

I checked libpng and there is "libpng-1.5.13" on my machine in
/usr/lib64. Within the gdal source tree (also self-compiled) there is a
is a second version of libpng, which seems to match libpng-1.2.56

Do you have an idea how I can influence the QGIS server fcgi file to
pick up libpng-1.5.13 first?

I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and set "/usr/lib64" first, so I assumed
it picks up the newer version first. But it still fails ...

Does libgdal.so contain the older version of libpng which conflicts?

Thanks,

Andreas