[Qgis-developer] Issue with QGIS server on CentOS - self compiled

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 11 05:03:50 PDT 2016

HI David,

Thanks - I am aware that there are packages. But there are two main
reasons why I want to self-compile:

* being able to use certain configuration options or supporting
databases that are not supported by the standard package (such as Oracle
support)

* being able to test new features from github regularly

I still haven't fixed the issue with the two incompatible libpng. Seems
to be more a runtime issue with Apache fcgi and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. BTW:
output as JPEG works fine ...

I will post again if I was able to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2016-08-11 05:24, Dave Johansen wrote:

> QGIS is packaged in EPEL, so that would be another option.
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/qgis/
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I self-compiled QGIS Server (on CentOS 7) and it works fine for GetCapabilities and GetProjectSettings commands, but fails for GetMap.
>>
>> In the Apache log I get an error:
>>
>> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.13
>> libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.56
>> libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
>>
>> I checked libpng and there is "libpng-1.5.13" on my machine in /usr/lib64. Within the gdal source tree (also self-compiled) there is a is a second version of libpng, which seems to match libpng-1.2.56
>>
>> Do you have an idea how I can influence the QGIS server fcgi file to pick up libpng-1.5.13 first?
>>
>> I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and set "/usr/lib64" first, so I assumed it picks up the newer version first. But it still fails ...
>>
>> Does libgdal.so contain the older version of libpng which conflicts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andreas

Links:
------