[Qgis-developer] Status of Q3 migration?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 5 23:30:46 PST 2016

Hi,

I would also prefer a double dev cycle, followed by a double test
period. So just shift the one month from the first dev cycle towards the
end.

In Bonn we discussed this and I think the double dev cycle was an
option, but we said we would decide in December/January when we know
more about the state of the 3.0.

I had a look at the past couple meeting minutes and apparently there
haven't been any decisions in the minutes about the release date of QGIS
3.0.

Ultimately it is Jürgen who decides as the release manager.

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2016-12-06 00:02, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> On 3 December 2016 at 19:51, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm regularly compiling QGIS master, and I'm surprised how usable and
>> smooth it is - obviously not suitable for production, but apparently not
>> so far from it. It would be great if those more involved with the
>> migration could give us a quick overview:
>> * are there blocking factors?
>> * which are the main areas which require much work?
>> * are the deadlines proposed originally feasible
>> * how can we speed up the migration?
>
> Hmm.... I've brought up previously on the list my thoughts that we
> should *extend* the timeline to mid next year, as opposed to speeding
> it up.
>
> See https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2016-October/045554.html
>
> I'm still strongly of the view that extending the timeline is a good
> idea and will give us a much better 3.x series.
>
> Nyall
>
>> Thanks a lot.
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu [1]