[Qgis-developer] QGIS Custom Widget in Qt Designer

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Wed Dec 7 03:51:53 PST 2016

Salut Denis,

I'm a bit lost, I see in plugins like the resources sharing tool [0]

<customwidgets>
  <customwidget>
   <class>QWebView</class>
   <extends>QWidget</extends>
   <header>QtWebKitWidgets/QWebView</header>
  </customwidget>
 </customwidgets>

and when I install the plugin I see:

This plugin is broken
No module named QtWebKitWidgets.QWebView

this plugins also use the uic.loadUi approach

I've qgis installed from packages and also self build:
marco at placebo:~/dev/QGIS/master/python/custom_widgets$ locate
libqgis_customwidgets.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so.2.18.1
marco at placebo:~/dev/QGIS/master/python/custom_widgets$ locate
qgis_customwidgets.py
/home/marco/dev/QGIS/master/python/custom_widgets/qgis_customwidgets.py
/home/marco/gis_data/pacsafe/QGIS/python/custom_widgets/qgis_customwidgets.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/uic/widget-plugins/qgis_customwidgets.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/uic/widget-plugins/qgis_customwidgets.pyc

Am I missing some magic somewhere? QtWebKitWidgets exists only from Qt5.
in Qt4 it should still be QtwebKit.

ciao
Marco

[0]