[Qgis-developer] Plugin [1102] AequilibraE approval notification.

Enrico Ferreguti enricofer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:47:47 PST 2016

I wasn't aware to have an executable between my plugin sources.
In my case I have just removed it from the pyxform library as QgisODK
plugin does not require XForm validation and resubmit it to the repository.
But I think that if a library has an open source origin, a corresponding
licence, and is shared with a community should be normally accepted in a
qgis plugin bundle even if containing compiled binaries. We have to think
that gis is computationally intensive and a software like QGis is suited to
integrate different tools.
So I think that is not so useful for QGis users to strictly fulfil the "no
executable" policy. Protecting in this way QGis global stability we could
lose many opportunities, leaving them to proprietary systems much more
uninhibited.

Best Regards
Enrico Ferreguti