[Qgis-developer] Looking for advices to avoid breaking translated strings

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 06:14:42 PST 2016

Le jeudi 22 décembre 2016, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> a écrit :
> Hi Harrissou
>
> On 12/22/2016 02:31 PM, DelazJ wrote:
>> Let's take a reported typo: "cellsize" instead of "cell size". If I
>> check Transifex, we currently have 19 strings that contain this word. So
>> if the replacements are done in QGIS source files, when these ones are
>> pushed to transifex, these strings will be replaced and because of this
>> tiny difference, the translations already done for ALL languages will be
>> deconnected, hence lost.
>
> At least the translated text should be proposed to the translator if the
> source string is still similar. So it does not need to be completely
> rewritten.

Sorry I wasn't precise enough. I didn't mean all the translations in QGIS
will be lost. Unchanged strings will for sure keep their translation. I was
referring to these 19 strings which have changed.

For what I've seen, Transifex will keep them along and propose them because
they are translation for a very close text but no matching will be done as
they don't match. Someone needs to do the click.

Harrissou