[Qgis-developer] Most icons not displayed in OS X program menu on master

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Dec 27 19:13:22 PST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Etienne Trimaille <
etienne.trimaille at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also have another problem on the build on mac.
> If I go to the `QGIS` menu and then `preferences` it opens the Processing
> options and not the options from QGIS.
> It seems specific to mac.
>
> In the Processing menu, I don't have the `options` entry.
> The only way I can go to the QGIS preferences is to go in a composer and
> then preferences. There, it works.

This should be fixed with recent 94dd1f4 commit.

>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I’ve built qgis master on OS X using Homebrew formula from
>> qgis/homebrew-qgisdev repo (thanks Larry Shaffer). But there are barely any
>> icons displayed in QGIS program menu (in fact I can only see “Project
>> properties” and “Raster calculator” icons). Also menu icons are displayed
>> as png and thus are pixelated on hidpi retina display. The issue with
>> screenshots was reported here https://github.com/qgis/h
>> omebrew-qgisdev/issues/8 but seems like it’s an upstream qgis bug.

This is apparently a known issue with using SVG source files for macOS
'native menubar' menu action icons, and has supposedly already fixed
upstream for Qt 5.6.3, 5.7.2 and 5.8.0 RC. Any icons that do show up are
PNG-based, and should be migrated to SVG as well.

See: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/16016

While we could propose a patch for Homebrew's qt5 formula, it is not a
critical bug, unless a newer version of Qt is not going to be released
prior to the next QGIS feature freeze or testing cycle.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota