[Qgis-developer] Help needed setting up Ubuntu build environment

David Adler dadler at adtechgeospatial.com
Thu Feb 11 04:15:51 PST 2016

Hi - I've gotten further but this seems like a fundamental problem if
I'm using QtCreator and it can't find QtCore.

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:659 (message):
   /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as
   "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu" but QtCore could not be found there. Qt is NOT
   installed correctly for the target build environment.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   CMakeLists.txt:276 (FIND_PACKAGE)

On 2/10/2016 6:00 PM, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the detailed instructions page should be this one :
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL
>
> Regards

> <mailto:dadler at adtechgeospatial.com>>:
>
>     The instructions at
>     http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide/qtcreator.html
>     have a link for "detailed instructions" but the link doesn't work.
>
>     I'm up to the CMake error "Could not find GEOS".
>     sudo apt-get install GEOS
>     sudo apt-get install geos
>     don't succeed.
>
>     I haven't previously used QtCreator or CMake on Ubuntu.
>
>     ---

---