[Qgis-developer] Problems upgrading nightly in Ubuntu 14.04

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Feb 13 04:33:34 PST 2016

Hi Jeremy,

On Sat, 13. Feb 2016 at 08:39:39 +1300, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
> I did this to resolve the issue:
>
> sudo dpkg-divert --remove /usr/bin/qgis
> sudo dpkg-divert --remove /usr/bin/qbrowser

See also https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2016-February/041339.html

I didn't mention it again as I wanted to verify that the fix works this time -
which 5f310a didn't.

Declaring the conflict as in 5f310a was supposed to remove the diversions.
Unfortunately the diversions were only removed when the package was removed,
but not on upgrade.  So the diversion would stay.  And the upgraded version
didn't know about diversions anymore and hence would not even remove it on
removal of the package anymore.

7489af8 hopefully does fix it - it does here when upgrading from 2.12 - but
once the diversion is removed manually that can't be checked...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode