[Qgis-developer] A common set of functions for QGIS plugins

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 01:24:47 PST 2016

> By the way, is it possible to recommend on the pyqgis cookbook (or the qgis
> documentation) to use the processing framework more often ? A lot of plugins
> are useful but we can't use them in batch mode or in complex workflow.
> Moreover, they often produce only shapefile.
> There are some very nice settings in Processing like "use selected
> features", default output format for vector and raster ... I think plugins
> should try to more compliant with these settings.

I try to convince people of that. If you are writing an analysis
plugin, don't do it without Processing, since it will be harder and
you dont get all those advantages. However, I dont want to sound too
strong on that, since i dont want it to sound like i want impose that
on developers, but it might be worth at least mentioning that to
plugin authors when they upload their plugins and we accept them...

I will be happy to provide guidance to any plugin authors that want to
convert their plugins into Processing providers

Cheers