[Qgis-developer] Some issues from GRASS plugin

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:53:51 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> thanks to a course, we now have some more testing on the plugin (master
> of a few days ago). Generally it's a huge improvement, and D&D import
> and copy is pretty exciting. A few issues:
> * if I create of a new location without a project open, obviously the
> button to set up the extent based on QGIS canvas is greyed out; if I
> close the dialog, open a project, and go back to the New mapset, it is
> impossible to set up the extent from canvas

The "Set current QGIS extent" button was disabled if canvas extent was
not valid but it was not re-enabled when it became valid again. I have
fixed that in 81a1f6.

> * the panel is far too wide for old 1024px screens, and cannot be shrunk

The "New mapset" dialog? Here it is resizable and the first time it is
started with 528x523, the geometry is saved/restored then. Can you
resize it? Which tab cannot be shrunken?

> * if a location is added to favourites, its content is no longer usable
> as GRASS data (the GRASS database has to be added instead)

Confirmed, fixed in847f1c0.

> * while deleting a raster from the browser I got a crash, but I'm
> struggling reproducing it.

Deleting a GRASS map itself should not harm, it launches g.remove.
More probably it crashes when browser content is refreshed which is
done in threads. However, the functions should be locked where race
condition can happen and that would be probably happening in other
situations. What about deleting raster layer which is added in canvas?
Trace back would be helpful.

Radim