[Qgis-developer] [Server] performance questions

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 06:55:13 PST 2016

I Guess the time difference between the qgis desktop and qgis-server
when using a postgres,

is due to the protocol.
Infact the http is a connection-less session-less protocoll,
so after every map the qgis-server disconnect from postgres.

Instead when you work on a qgis desktop as a user on its own pc you
are connectin with a postgres and sray connected for all the time.

So the postgres don't waste time to open and staryup your connection.

Also don't forget that if you stay about 18-20 minutes without do
nothing on qgis in a postgres connection.
The postgres kill your connection and your qgis go in crazy state.

A.