[Qgis-developer] Vertex editor and CAD digitizing mode

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jan 13 23:52:26 PST 2016

Hi

 >With some comunities, we will be contracting a developper in a very
short time to start this development again. It will be merged after 2.14.
 >It will bring some changes in the behavior (click-click), so at the
end it might be a better idea to wait for 3.0.

It was not only reverted because of bugs, it was mainly because some
users strongly disliked the behaviour changes. If you make a new go, it
will be good to have a QEP about it.

Regards,
Marco

On 13.01.2016 07:58, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> The goal was to integrate CAD tools at the same time as circular string.
> It was merged unfinished shortly before feature freeze (2.12) and thus
> reverted.
>
> With some comunities, we will be contracting a developper in a very
> short time to start this development again. It will be merged after 2.14.
> It will bring some changes in the behavior (click-click), so at the
> end it might be a better idea to wait for 3.0.
>
> Best wishes,
> Denis
>
> On 01/12/2016 12:53 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> wasn't there once a vertex editor available along with a CAD
>> digitizing mode - that was pulled out of version 2.12 because it
>> wasn't fully mature?
>>
>> Is this still not put back into master? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>> Thanks for your information,
>> Andreas

Dr. Marco Hugentobler