[Qgis-developer] Feature freeze exception for file icons? Sorry...

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 04:33:24 PST 2016

I'm sorry to be the one opening this door (this time) and, OFC, I fully
understand a big "No" as an answer.

I have created icons for QGIS files. I have started to create them only for
the main file formats and then extended for data files as well. I have gathered
opinions from others in UX mailing list
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Files-Icons-td5238525.html> and I
have created Pull Request #2630 <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2630> long
before feature freeze, hoping to see them land on the next LTR version.

Not being merged now, means that for LTR users this will only be available
in almost a year since now.

So, since this PR has no impact on the QGIS code itself and it's not
actually a feature, would it be possible to make an exception and merge the
PR?

I'm fully aware that it leads to extra work on the packaging side, and I
would love to minimise that as far as I could. For instance, I could keep
it only to the main files (qgs, qml, qlr, qpt).

Thank you very much,
Alexandre Neto
--
Alexandre Neto