[Qgis-developer] FOSS4G code sprint idea: improving SLD export and GeoServer compatibility

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:29:14 PDT 2016

Hi Andrea,

I agree to a have a set of data and rendering project to have a
systematic way to test... a set of data and a set of rendering coupled
with the tool set by Alessandro Pasotti, would facilitate a systematic
code.

The best set of data and rendering I found is related witha a similar
work done for the rt_mapserver_plugin by Ádám Barancsuk
https://github.com/faunalia/rt_mapserver_exporter/pull/5

data and project are here:
https://github.com/faunalia/rt_mapserver_exporter/tree/2.0/test/data

I tried to implement a Qml2Sld converter using visitor patterns but I
failed because qml is a mixture of hierarchic structure mixed with
key/value flat organization with some interdependence among nodes...
btw another reason can be related with my technical limitations :) )
Btw I explored the test data above generating a couple of QMLs and
(actual qgis generated) SLDs for each "atomic" symbol used in this set
of test data.
https://github.com/luipir/qml2sld-plugin/tree/master/qml2sld/tests/testdata/rt_mapserver_exporter

The idea was to feed the Alessandro Pasotti geoserver/qgis renderer comparator.

would be fine if mathias can fragments their project and symbols to
some kind of "unit" symbols to replicate in both platforms

cheers
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis