[Qgis-developer] Layer Search and Quick Finder Plugins Integration

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:30:09 PDT 2016

I would like to see the Layer Search plugin capability available in QGIS
sometime relative soon and it was proposed to integrate it into Quick
Finder.

It is important to me for Layer Search to display the results of what was
found, the layer it was found in and the column it was found in. I would
also like it to be able to display a fairly large number of results.

This does not fit with the drop down methodology that Quick Finder uses. I
could do a pull request and add Layer Search as a separate search in the
Quick Finder menu. Would that be acceptable or are their any other ideas? I
am not necessarily sure the original request to merge capabilities means
this solution, but I also don't see the direct integration in the Quick
Finder drop down menu results.

Let me know if there is anything more I can do to either help integrate or
whether in the near term layer search should be approved as a plugin.

Thanks,

Calvin