[Qgis-developer] custom charts?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 23 23:47:17 PDT 2016

Hi Raymond,

Do you have an example how such a visualization could look like? Kind of
a mockup?

In QGIS master, Matthieu Pellerin added additional simple markers now
(e.g. half/third/quarter circles, squares, triangles, etc.), e.g. to
create wingcharts. The combination of custom anchor points, offsets,
rotation and scaling on the symbol level allows for many interesting
visualizations - such as the "wing chart" showing commuters at train
stations by type (work, education, leisure, etc) at
http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/commuters_by_type.png. With these
basic symbols you can also do other chart types as combinations of
scaled, rotated and offseted simple symbols to visualize sensor values.

More such simple markers could be added, should there be the need for.

Hope this helps,

Greetings,

Andreas