[Qgis-developer] plugin translation

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:52:54 PDT 2016

Hi Richard,

> this Makefile also comes from the plugin builder:
>
> https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/sectorplot/blob/master/SectorPlot/Makefile#L183

weird that I don't have any makefile there.. but that's sure not plugin
builder fault..

> In that line it points to scripts (also from the builder plugin):
>
> https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/sectorplot/blob/master/SectorPlot/scripts/update-strings.sh
>
> which I used to update the strings. I realize these are all shell
> scripts indeed, but you can use them to find the logic used to do all stuff.

oh, tough stuff (for me) ;)
anyway, I see that in the update-strings.sh script, at the end, it has
been used the command *pylupdate4* and not *lupdate*.. and that was
exactly the problem I have reported (lupdate does not take the tr()
function into account)..

as I said, the only annoying thing I have to do is to write manually all
the UI files in the .pro one.. but that's not a problem at all..

I can change the cookbook with this new stuff.. what do you think about it?

Thanks guys for all the help

Cheers

Matteo