[Qgis-developer] Stepping back from the PSC

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:17:30 PDT 2016

On 4 October 2016 at 23:51, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Dear QGIS devs
>
> After being 10 years in the QGIS PSC, I'd like to step back from my position
> as a technical advisor. I feel that I don't have the necessary time any
> more, so I would like to use the time I have for technical things rather
> than organizational aspects of the project. Of course I'm continuing to be a
> member of the developer team, so we'll stay in contact anyway.
>
> As discussed with Tim and in yesterdays PSC meeting, the project
> organisation will be changed, possibly to move the former PSC roles over to
> technical workgroup leads. Therefore we are not going to renew outgoing PSC
> positions.
>
> Finally I'd like to thank the other PSC members for the good collaboration
> and the amazing work during all that time.

I'll add my sincere thanks to those already extended by the community!
I can't even begin to imagine how much behind the scenes work the PSC
put in keeping this project running smoothly. You guys are the true
heroes behind QGIS and without your tireless efforts (and infinite
patience!) QGIS (and the wider open source geospatial community)
wouldn't be anywhere as strong as it is today. I don't say it often
enough, but THANK YOU.

On a personal note - Marco my boundless gratitude to all the hard work
you've put in to QGIS over the years, and how your work has shaped the
project. I'm really glad to hear you'll still be involved with the
project, and am looking forward to seeing what future contributions
you have planned!

Nyall