[Qgis-developer] Stepping back from the PSC

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 4 22:51:16 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Il 05/10/2016 02:17, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> I can't even begin to imagine how much behind the scenes work the PSC
> put in keeping this project running smoothly. You guys are the true
> heroes behind QGIS and without your tireless efforts (and infinite
> patience!) QGIS (and the wider open source geospatial community)
> wouldn't be anywhere as strong as it is today. I don't say it often
> enough, but THANK YOU.

I think this is probably the first time I don't agree with Nyall ;)
The flesh and bones of QGIS are really the developers[0], without whom
nothing would have been possible.
The PSC is just trying to maintain the side conditions for developers to
keep on enjoying their extraordinary work. And of course there are the
hundreds of translators, documenters, evangelists, sponsors, donors, etc.
So, thanks again Marco, both for your code and for the willingness to
deal with the less exciting parts of the project.
And seriously, Nyall, thanks, it is reassuring seeing people understand
also more obscure efforts :)
All the best.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/graphs/contributors
--