[Qgis-developer] Building and debugging QGIS on Windows x64

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Wed Oct 19 00:51:54 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen

Thanks for the clarification regarding "debug"/"RelWithDebInfo", now I know that I can just continue debugging with "RelWithDebInfo".

With respect to "cmake --build %BUILDDIR% --config %BUILDCONF%", I am following the  steps of INSTALL and I use VS2010 Express to build. I guess my lack of experience with C++ is catching up again, because I have no idea what you mean about running the development without the PATH setup. I guess Visual Studio does all the cmake stuff except for the cmake-gui part, where I point at the source and build folder.

Regards, Casper

-----Original Message-----
From: Qgis-developer [mailto:qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jürgen E. Fischer
Sent: 19. oktober 2016 08:47
To: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Building and debugging QGIS on Windows x64

Hi Casper,

On Wed, 19. Oct 2016 at 06:21:40 +0000, Casper Børgesen (CABO) wrote:
> Thank you for your answer and your guidance. I used Jürgens advise and
> used the spatialite_i.lib instead and I got a bit further. I am now
> also able to run and debug a QGIS session, but I cannot use python
> either, which I really want to.

> I am using master_2 and building QGIS using "RelWithDebInfo", since "debug"
> gives me a lot of errors. Are the difference between the two, that
> using "debug" I'll be able to debug dependencies and not just the QGIS project?

No, the "Debug" uses another set of runtime libraries that have debugging code in them (mainly for memory management), that makes them incompatible with the original set.  So you also have to build the dependencies with those and end up with two sets of everything.

"RelWithDebInfo" just adds the debugging information (and skips some
optimization) and hence enables debugging, but doesn't require the other set of libraries.

> 263>    File "C:\QGIS\master_2\scripts\\pyuic-wrapper.py", line 26, in <module>
> 263>      import qgis.PyQt.uic.pyuic

> Has this got something to do with the double slash near
> pyuic-wrapper.py and in that case, where should I fix it? Or is this
> problem about something completely different?

Probably.  I guess you're running the development environment without the PATH setup (like in package-nightly.cmd at the point where cmake --build %BUILDDIR% --config %BUILDCONF% is invoked).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode