[Qgis-developer] WIP: QGIS Server refactoring

Emmanuel Belo emmanuel.belo at camptocamp.com
Fri Oct 21 08:57:41 PDT 2016

Hi René-Luc,

great! Thank you for starting it. It should be possible to create a
dedicated branch in the QGIS official repo. Do you have the rights for it?
Or do we have to ask a QGIS Repo community member? It'll be easier for the
QGIS community at large to find and contribute to the ongoing work.

Best regards

Emmanuel

On 21 October 2016 at 17:40, René-Luc Dhont <rldhont at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We (David Marteau and I) will start the QGIS Server refactoring.
>
> The first step for us is to develop the *service register* like described
> in the QEP: QGIS server code refactoring for QGIS 3.0
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/74
>
> To keep the developement open, we proposed to use a github repository to
> centralize *Pull Request* and development strictly on QGIS Server with a
> dedicated branch https://github.com/3liz/QGIS/tree/master_qgis_server
> We proposed to do so to have the possibility to broke the code but we will
> continue to merge master in it during the dev.
> We will open the right to other QGIS Server developers and be proud to
> review Pull Request.
>
> Our goal is to keep the functionalities, simplify the code and add
> modularity; to have something more maintainable, robust and expendable.
>
> Regards,
> René-Luc D'Hont
> 3Liz

Camptocamp SA