[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.16.1-2 Crashing on Loading GeoTIFFs

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Sep 2 16:10:53 PDT 2016

Hi Even,

On Fri, 02. Sep 2016 at 21:30:51 +0200, Even Rouault wrote:
> I can reproduce the crash on a fresh new OSGeo4W 32 bit install just GDAL
> 2.1.1-1. After a few trial&errors by trying previous versions of gdal, libtiff
> and libgeotiff, I've determined that it is the recent update of libgeotiff
> 1.4.2-1 that seems to be the cause of the crashes.

Rebuilt GDAL - doesn't seem to crash anymore.

> I also tried a fresh new OSGeo4W 64 bit install but it fails when downloading
> ogdi.

Good timing - I tried to to reproduce https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/517
and applied the mentioned fix to ogdi.   Doesn't seem to work with or without.
So I reverted the ogdi packages again.  I guess I'm missing something about
ogdi and vrf.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode