[Qgis-developer] 2.16 Globe plugin on Mac

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Wed Sep 21 00:05:37 PDT 2016

Hi Daven,

On Dienstag, 20. September 2016 22:49:02 CEST Daven Quinn wrote:

> I just completed a source installation of QGIS 2.16.2 on Mac, using a
> modified version of the Homebrew osgeo4mac/qgis–214 formula. I was
> particularly excited to try out the new globe plugin. QGIS builds correctly
> and is usable, but the globe plugin appears to be totally disabled, and
> doesn’t show up in the plugin directory or menu.
>
> I built the formula with globe enabled (the Homebrew —with-globe option
> translates to —DWITH_GLOBE=TRUE
> —DOSG_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4 compile options. I’m
> running osg 3.4 and osgearth 2.7. Both of these are built using homebrew
> formula, with qt support, and I think they are within the range of
> supported dependencies for the globe plugin.

This looks correct and osgearth 2.7 is the supported version for QGIS 2.16.

> In the “advanced” settings menu, there is a section for globe plugin
> settings, but I cannot see any other feedback that the plugin is installed.
>
> Any insights on what might be disabling the globe plugin, and how I could
> compile QGIS in order to include this? I’ve successfully used my install of
> osgearth to view GIS data described by raw *.earth files, so I think it’s
> unlikely to be a dependency issue. Thanks, Daven

You have to activate the Globe plugin in "Manage and install plugins..." and
then you should get a menu entry Plugins -> Globe -> Launch Globe.

Would be great to hear that the globe is also running on Mac!

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions