[Qgis-developer] [gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.0 beta 2 available

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Apr 24 13:21:28 PDT 2017

Hi Even,

In the end, isn't solution 2) the same as solution 1) for the user? In
which case it sounds like it mainly puts additional load on
distributions for no added value. Am I missing something?

Especially because "some other workflows" is a quite loose definition.

In the end it sounds like the proper solutions would be to fix dxf2shp -
but since that has already been sent to the graveyard it's questionable
if someone wants to do the effort.

4) ship shapelib with qgis itself (as part of the dxf2shp plugin)

5) require GDAL < 2.2 for building QGIS 2.18

Matthias