[Qgis-developer] [gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.0 beta 2 available

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 24 13:56:34 PDT 2017

On 04/24/2017 10:21 PM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> In the end, isn't solution 2) the same as solution 1) for the user? In
> which case it sounds like it mainly puts additional load on
> distributions for no added value. Am I missing something?
>
> Especially because "some other workflows" is a quite loose definition.
>
> In the end it sounds like the proper solutions would be to fix dxf2shp -
> but since that has already been sent to the graveyard it's questionable
> if someone wants to do the effort.

Fixing dxf2shp is in my opinion the best solution too. That's the part
that's broken, the change in GDAL just brought it to the forefront.

> 4) ship shapelib with qgis itself (as part of the dxf2shp plugin)]

Please don't. Embedded code copies are a PITA. QGIS has too many of
those already (although they're generally not required).

> 5) require GDAL < 2.2 for building QGIS 2.18

That doesn't sound good either. QGIS 2.18 should work with any
reasonable GDAL version.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--