[Qgis-developer] Adding default OSM backround maps

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Apr 30 09:23:17 PDT 2017

Hi all,
during a meeting with Etienne and Alessnadro we put up this proposal:
* add an entry in settings with an URL where we store details about XYZ
servers
* add a button on the Add XYZ dialog "Get default servers"
* QGIS connects to the URL above and get the list with:
  * URL of the service
  * user agent required for it
  * notes and explanations (where all details about participation and
licencing requested by OSM foundation will be stored and displayed).
Does this make sense? Any comments?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu