[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 and Python on Windows

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 18:21:38 PDT 2017

Hi,
       I am currently planning the next 12 months of the AequilibraE plugin
development, particularly for the following features:

- Public transit travel assignment
- Vehicle routing (up to capacitated with time windows)
- Modelling tools for demand-responsive transit (necessary to model a world
of autonomous vehicles playing a role in public transit)

Many of the possible development paths, however, include the use of more
Python libraries currently available on QGIS for Windows (So far I have
made a point to make the plugin compatible with all major platforms). On
that note, I have three questions:

1 - Will it be easier to add new libraries to the QGIS 3 Python
installation? (Using PIP, Wheels, or any other technology)

2 - Where do I find the list of Python packages available on QGIS for
windows (present and planned)

3 - How do I get a new python library shipped with QGIS by default?

Cheers,
Pedro