[QGIS-Developer] How to build QGIS 2.99 with 3D?

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:51:11 PST 2017

Ubuntugis is needed to ensure all the dependencies are met for all
versions of Ubuntu up to and including 16.04. For later versions it is
not required.

So I believe it should have the files needed to build a version of the
development master.

However please be aware that Mint is not listed in the distros that are
directly supported by the Qgis project (the ones that are listed on the
downloads page). It is not beyond the possibility that a problem could
occur if Mint uses different versions of packages than one of the
supported distros uses, because this kind of variation is not unknown in
derivative distros, compared to the experience when using the natively
supported distro it is based on. I know for example the Gimp project has
had problems like this with some distros using different versions of a
key package than what the Gimp developers were expecting, causing
unexpected behaviour with their software.

In other words because Mint is not Ubuntu but is only based on it, there
could potentially be some unexpected issues building packages on it.

Best option is use a supported distro, perhaps running in a virtual
machine if you don't have a computer running it.