[QGIS-Developer] How to build QGIS 2.99 with 3D?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 15:28:39 PST 2017

Following the instructions on that link, I end up being blocked at some
point... because I wasn't able to build qwt.

compiling moc/moc_qwt_designer_plotdialog.cpp
In file included from qwt_designer_plugin.h:13:0,
                 from qwt_designer_plugin.cpp:23:
/opt/qt59/include/QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface:4:4: warning:
#warning Header <QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> is deprecated.
Please include <QtUiPlugin/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> instead. [-Wcpp]
 #  warning Header <QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> is
deprecated. Please include <QtUiPlugin/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>
instead.
    ^
In file included from moc/../qwt_designer_plugin.h:13:0,
                 from moc/moc_qwt_designer_plugin.cpp:9:
/opt/qt59/include/QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface:4:4: warning:
#warning Header <QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> is deprecated.
Please include <QtUiPlugin/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> instead. [-Wcpp]
 #  warning Header <QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface> is
deprecated. Please include <QtUiPlugin/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>
instead.
    ^
rm -f libqwt_designer_plugin.so
linking plugins/designer/libqwt_designer_plugin.so
mv -f libqwt_designer_plugin.so plugins/designer/
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/qgis_deps/qwt-6.1.3/designer'

matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> escreveu no dia terça, 5/12/2017 às 19:40:

> Hi Harrissou,
>
> > Hi,
> > Maybe I miss something but I fail to fully understand the link between
> > Matteo needs and your explanation, Patrick. it doesn't look like Matteo
> has
> > issues to build QGIS. He already does it, he compiles from source
> himself (
> > master or any other branch).
> > What he wants is simply a way to build QGIS with 3D enabled, thing that
> by
> > default requires an upgraded version of QT (and not available in even
> known
> > and supported distro like Ubuntu 16.04). Unless I misunderstood...
>
> that's exactly the point. I don't have any problem to build QGIS master
> (and other versions).
> >
> > Btw, which key package is missing in Xenial since january? I also do
> build
> > with Xenial and never felt that i'm missing some key features (except 3D
> > but i chose to not upgrade for that - worried to break a working
> > environment)
> >
> > Matteo, have you seen the link I sent earlier (
> https://www.lutraconsulting.
> > co.uk/blog/2017/08/06/qgis3d-build/)? Looks like there's a way to have
> two
> > versions of qt and build different QGIS depending on what's enabled....
>
> yep I saw the link (actually also when Martin posted it a few months ago
> ;) ). Ok, then if this is currently the only way to have 3D enabled I'll
> try to do that, hoping to not breaking some Qt or other stuff..
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matteo

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo