[QGIS-Developer] Submit plugin to QGIS 3 repo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 18 05:51:42 PST 2017

On 18-12-17 14:32, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Do you mean this version?
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qgis2web/version/2.99.0/
>
> It's set to min=2.99 and max=2.99! Not 3.99. In the metadata.txt, there is
> only the min tag, not the max one.
>
> Master seems to be a bit broken at the moment: it requests plugins for 3.0
> (see the link in the Plugin Manager -> Settings: [1]), but when filtering the
> received document, it finds itself 2.99.

Master is not broken, it was a deliberate choice to request 3.0 after
some discussion some time ago. Because most plugins had max version 2.99
already, we would not have been able to distinguis 2.99 (for 2.x) and
3.0 (for 3.x) versions without changing the django/plugin website.
Asking for 3.0 was the easiest way :-)

BUT if you do not add a max version it defaults to the same version as
the min version (or at least the *.99 version of the major version
number)....
So qgis2web has (see the url above on the bottom of the page) now has
2.99 min and 2.99 max

I would not try to fix this I think?
It is a temporarily thing

Regards,